Wednesday, February 08, 2006

C.S. Lewis on Evolution: "wishful thinking"

NOTE: Since I moved my blog from MSN to Blogspot, I decided to archive below some popular blogs from the old MSN site. Below is an entry from January 7:

I'm reading A Year with C.S. Lewis as my daily devotional. I loved the entry for January 6, taken from Mere Christianity, which I will quote in part:
"One reason why many people find Creative Evolution so attractive is that it gives one much of the emotional comfort of believing in God and none of the less pleasant consequences...[this Life-Force of Evolution] with no morals and no mind, will never interfere with you like that troublesome God we learned about when we were children. The Life-Force is a sort of tame God. You can switch it on when you want, but it will not bother you. All the thrills of religion and none of the cost. Is the Life-Force the greatest achievement of wishful thinking the world has yet seen?"

No comments: